Wednesday, January 23, 2008

pay a compliment

In this complex world we live in, there are simple actions we can all take to brighten someone's day. I have written about the simplicity if a wave, but it's onto another action: a genuine compliment.

On my way into the office this morning I was stopped by someone I hold in high regards as a leader and an individual. This person pulled me aside to share positive information they had heard about me. I won't go into details, but it was specifically relating to a previous action of mine, so it meant more to me than just a random phrase. The point is that they stopped me for the sole reason of passing along a positive compliment, and adding one in of their own. And those simple words of praise and encouragement meant the world to me. I walked away, after many words of thanks, with the biggest smile on my face. All from a few sentences.

I hope that you have given someone a compliment recently. And I mean genuine - one that comes from your heart. If not, when the opportunity presents itself, do not shy away. It could mean the world to someone else. Even if for only a few minutes, you could make their day.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No comments: