It was less than two weeks ago that I wrote about volunteering more. 24 hours, to be exact. Well, although that is my starting point, I hope to exceed that amount this year -- and I just might by the time summer rolls around.
Step one? Find a cause that you believe in. Seek information. Ask if you can help. I got lucky this time around. A friend of mine is part of SHARE -- Students Help Art Reach Everyone -- and I asked her if I could help with the annual event coming up. She said yes, so here I come! Here's a little tidbit from their site:
SHARE's primary project is to place student artwork into permanent collections. SHARE asks students to share the joy and energy of their art with the community. Sites selected are those where critical and often life changing events take place. All submitted works are exhibited at the Southwest School of Art and Craft for one week in the spring. One hundred works are selected for framing for a permanent site.
I'm pumped about helping with this cause. Not only does it encourage students in San Antonio's public and private schools to create and submit artwork to be displayed at an art school, but also provides artwork in establishments around San Antonio that really need it. Two great areas working together. Love it.
The drop-off and organization of the artwork is tonight. That's my first step in volunteering with this cause. The actual event will be in early April. What's even better is that the exhibit is held at the Southwest School of Art and Craft, which is where I take art classes and where I will be volunteering for the Fiesta Arts Show in April. Ahh... the beauty of cohesiveness. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment