Tuesday, April 15, 2008

back to reality

So. I have this awesome friend that always seems to lift me up and bring me back down to earth at the same time. And she did so this morning with some kind words. As noted in previous posts, it's tough to swallow all the sadness in the world today. But perhaps it shouldn't consume you. Nor me.

I think everyone has something that weighs on their heart. Some one or area that they would like to do more good towards -- well, at least those people that are genuinely good in nature. And maybe your passion and heavy heart stem from different roots than mine. I think that's actually a good thing because more will be done for the greater good of humanity and society.

Right now I am pulled in a few different directions -- trying to figure out where my time, thoughts, effort and money could go. Perhaps you have figured it out. Perhaps you don't even think about it. I think those more fortunate should reach out to those less fortunate. I do think one person can change life for the better. Even if it's one small thing at a time.

So for now, until I figure out where my heart is leading me, I've decided I will not get bogged down with the horrible facts of life. And while searching, I will continue to play FREE RICE because expanding my vocabulary and donating rice through the World Food Programme sounds like a great combo to me.

Check it out: freerice.com. You literally become smarter and your heart can smile while doing it. Just as an fyi, 178,464,760 grains were donated yesterday alone, and since the start last October, 26,662,277,870 grains have been donated.

And since I'm on a donating kick, check out freeflour.com (same concept, different knowledge) and the latest WFP campaign, Fill The Cup.

No comments: