Sunday, May 25, 2008

year-old wedding cake



Today, my husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Along with a few other things, we decided to top off the day with the tradition of enjoying the top of our wedding cake. Thanks to my awesome mom for preserving it very, very well (freezer wrap, then sealed again inside an air-tight bag, and put in the deep freeze for the year), we were able to enjoy our wedding cake a full year later! It was so fresh, it actually breathed out a smooth, sweet scent of Red Velvet cake when we opened the bag. Deeee-lish.

I have heard of people either having their cake remade for the first wedding anniversary or skipping the tradition all together for fear of an unpleasant cake. But, I can confirm if you preserve it correctly, and place it in the fridge three days before you're wanting to eat it, it truly holds the freshness for a full year. Pretty cool! :)

No comments: