It's election year. We all know that. Do you ever get asked: "so, which side are you on?" Well... what if I am not on a side? I have some Liberal views and some Conservative views. "Sitting on the fence" I suppose? I grew up in a Republican home for the most part, but what category am I in now? Click here for a fun little test to 'discover' where you stand.
Turns out I am:
60% Centrist
32% Liberal
08% Conservative
Historical Centrist: President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Modern Centrist: Secretary of State Colin Powell
I am mostly pleased with that turnout. Seems my generation might be leaning in the same direction. And I think that is a positive change. We should listen to the argument and issues, then choose what to believe in. I am dissatisfied that our system is still so black and white. I hope that changes in our lifetime. It would be great if there were more candidates leaning towards the middle, with the gaol of making the US a better place, and not just fighting for their specific party stance.
After watching a few of the debates, it seems some are, but not enough in my opinion - and not strongly enough for those that are. I think the bulk of America has at least one issue that they believe in on both sides. If we could find a middle ground that would be great. (As a side note, I think it's quite ironic that the "Conservative" party is the one the least concerned about conserving the environment! Urggg! I am pretty sure that passion is what tipped me towards the Liberal scale.
Try it out though. It's kind of interesting. Again, click here for link.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment